Pages

This blog has moved.....

This blog has MOVED to a new location! Please visit my new site by clicking here.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Keri Smith

feldman by keri smith on Flickr

I really don't know why I haven't visited Keri Smith's blog and website until now...I just never made it there. All you artsy-fartsy peeps out there will probably recognize Keri as the author behind such paradigm shifting work such as Wreck this Journal and How to be an Explorer of the World.

As an honest review, I find her books to be sort of a novelty to me. I've never bought one but I love them. I pull them off the shelf at B&N sometimes when I'm there. It is what I strive to do on a daily basis, to think about things in a different manner. They are the epitome of out of the box thinking. That being said, I might get to a point someday where I need more of that thrust in my work than I have within me and they would all be handy little workbooks.

But I love her blog and her website. It is just so refreshing. I was having a moment last week....

OKAY....

A DAY.

I was having a DAY. or a DAY and A HALF.

One of those days where you just feel like you SUCK. And nothing on the earth is going to change your mind.

And THAT is the day I found Keri Smith's blog. and suddenly I didn't feel like I sucked anymore. I felt normal.

YAY!

What made me feel better? It was this post. And the little free PDF's that she gives you and specifically, the page that has "HOW TO FEEL MISERABLE AS AN ARTIST"

GO THERE.
NOW.
FEEL BETTER.
OR BOOKMARK FOR A DAY WHEN YOU FEEL REALLY SUCKY AS AN ARTIST.

3 comments:

outofthedark said...

b-
i have been THERE...will be THERE again...and hope i don't succumb to the temptation of giving up altogether; because i am close; so very close.

just added her blog to my reader list. thank you for sharing!

btw- your new pieces are darling!

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

ooo, yes! Keri Smith is awesome!

I asked my friend Anna for some good book recs on natural remedies, she suggested Susun Weed's books and also The Home Apothecary by Jessica Houdret.

I'll keep posting what I learn, and if you find any good remedies let me know!

Barbara Bechtel said...

Thanks Renee! I appreciate you finding that reference for me! You're so sweet!