Pages

This blog has moved.....

This blog has MOVED to a new location! Please visit my new site by clicking here.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bead Soup Party is coming!

the array of awesome beads that Diane sent me
gorgeous focals. love them both. the pink one reminds me of both a sunrise and lotus, simultaneously
These faceted beads are my fave. These are one of the things I've salivated over for a long time. They are cotton candy colors!
I'm participating in the Bead Soup Party, which is a bead swap hosted by the amazing Lori Anderson whom I met after she purchased some of my beads. The Bead Soup Party is comprised of dozens of talented bead and jewelry designers and I couldn't help but joining in. If you look over <-----there to the left margin up at the top, you will find a link.

Lori, who coordinates the enormous task of hosting and pairing everyone up, assigned as my partner, Diane Hawkey, and I couldn't be more thrilled. If you want to see what I sent Diane, go here. THIS, is what Diane sent to me. Diane makes ALL KINDS OF STUFF, but is probably best well known for her lovely ceramic beads and pendants.

I can't wait to make something from all the amazing stuff she sent me. I'm relatively new to the beading and jewelry world, and I use mostly my own beads when I make jewelry, so it is a real treat to get to experience making jewelry with other artist's beads. I can tell already that I'm going to be buying more artist beads and designing more pieces that feature not only my own artisan beads, but also others.

2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Those are TOO awesome!

Barbara Bechtel said...

I know, right? I totally lucked out on my partner although there are tons of others I would've been equally blessed with. I'm loving it!!!