Pages

This blog has moved.....

This blog has MOVED to a new location! Please visit my new site by clicking here.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009



Look what wandered up today. I came home from the post office and this little guy was sitting in the middle of the driveway....looking like he belonged here. He's been hanging out here all day. He's still a young pup, probably 4-6 months, skinny, no collar, and seems to be good natured. Seeings how he was skin and bones and friendly to boot, I fed him. I know, big mistake. But judging from the neighbors, who keep a full size billy goat in a pen, I'd rather him be here if he decides to stick around. He'll get a full belly here and he's got plenty of space to run. He looks to be some type of redbone coonhound, plus a mix, no doubt, so I imagine he'll make a good farm dog. He reminds me of the dog in Where the Red Fern Grows....

Trouble the border collie seems to enjoy the entertainment of a new friend and showing his little buddy around. He liked showing him the pond and the stream and his frisbie. The little guy, whom we are calling Red Dog, now has an old blanket and a full bowl of dog chow in the barn. Maybe he'll move on tomorrow like an ol' tramp.

No comments: