Pages

This blog has moved.....

This blog has MOVED to a new location! Please visit my new site by clicking here.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finally....

I am proud to announce my newest baby.....Second Surf.

Second Surf will be my venue for all things Barbara Bechtel related. Here's a little story about how I came up with the name and why:

With my divorce now final and the name change in progress, I wanted to reinvent myself. All of the successes I have currently experienced so far have had to do with my married name, Barbara Ann Tubbs. And I love my maiden name, but let's face it, it's hard to pronounce.

I live now a block from the beach and I love everything to do with that relaxed atmosphere. I started to think about all the things that make up personality, painting, art, the beach, thrifting, second hand stores, etc. and came up with second surf. Something about it really resonated with me. a second stab at recreating my life as an individual, the ocean which is my favorite place to be, and the healing cleansing quality of the water. It stuck.

I'm not a surfer. Let's just put that out there to begin with but I love the lifestyle. Many of my friends are surfers and nearly all of my friends live at or in close proximity to the water. It is a part of our lifestyle. Whether it inspires our passion like surfing or just inspires and informs our lives, it is a great place to be. We all live here because we choose to and we all love where we live.

Second Surf will be the touchstone for all artistic pursuits from here on out. Welcome and enjoy!

No comments: