Pages

This blog has moved.....

This blog has MOVED to a new location! Please visit my new site by clicking here.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

a little update...

what I hope my mei fun will look like!
okay, I have been a little absent on the blog lately. I've been working on some new posts and have been well....just sort of internet lazy lately. I haven't updated my etsy shops lately and I haven't been blogging. I've been investigating Twitter but I've even slacked off that. Part of it is due to the impending move northward to North Carolina for the summer. There is still an ambiguous nature of what I will be able to fit art supply and art inventory wise and I hesitate to make a bunch of new work that I won't be able to take.

So....over the weekend, we had a garage sale, just a general hoe-ing out of junk and trying to purge a bit. It went well, despite the randomness of it all and for just a several hours work, we yielded a nice bit of cash & carried the rest to the goodwill for the cycle of recycling. I still have several more garage sales worth of junk and carloads to carry to the 'will but anyway....

We live at the very back of a neighborhood, and it's not easy for an unseasoned "sailor" to find us, even with well placed signs and such, but with a little advertising on craigslist, we ended up seeing many of the folks we regularly spot on our own garage sale expeditions and as seasoned "sailors" ourselves, we had a nice selection of used appliances, dishes, records, nice junk, and art supplies. I'm STILL purging art school supplies from 5+ years ago!!!! Quality stuff that I haven't been able to part with, spent a LOT of cash on in the day and doesn't fit into my creative regime of late.

So, there's my little update for today. I'm off to cook a little MYOTO! (that's Rachael Ray for Make Your Own TakeOut!) It's a first recipe for me so if it turns out well, you will see the recipe here soon. It's a vegetarian (I'm seriously contemplating becoming a vegetarian) version for Singapore Chow Mei Fun, which is our favorite from the local chinese takeout. Basically, it's like a curried rice vermicelli with shrimp, pork, and chicken with veggies, but I will be making it sans meat. Yumm-o!

1 comment:

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Hi Barbara - Hope all is well...I can't believe you like Singapore Chow Mei Fun - I one of my FAVORITE chinese take out by were I work..it is the best - can you let me know how it came out and if you can send me the recipe...and I too like Rachael Ray...also I need your help artistic help on some thing else I want to create - I will jot you an email...Grace & Peace 2 "U" Marlene aka "QBeeC" :O)